Fraser Health Authority (FHA) is a large organization providing health care in-home, hospital, and community from Burnaby to Boston Bar, British Columbia.
Health care professionals develop and provide written education materials to clients and patients so they can learn
- how to stay healthy,
- how to manage illness (for example, taking medicine for diabetes, or care after surgery), or
- how to access health care services.
The formal launch of the patient education services for FHA was in 2012. The outcomes of the launch included:
- increased awareness of health literacy,
- increased knowledge and skill in developing effective patient education materials, and
- development of over 40 patient education materials over a 3 month period.
View the poster here: